Multifeeder Technology® is a fast-growing company due to the development of patented technology which allows us to obtain business based on “unmatched performance” when compared to other methods of feeding into or onto other products or conveyors. Our clients value our knowledgeable personnel and superior technology.
If you have proven skills in engineering, product development, and/or assembly, both electrical and mechanical, please send your resume in confidence to:
Attn: Human Resources Manager
4821 White Bear Parkway
St. Paul, MN 55110, USA
We offer an excellent work environment, great career growth potential, and competitive salary and benefits. We are interested in highly motivated individuals looking for a fast-paced professional working environment.
Senior Field Service & Training Technician
Privately owned Multifeeder Technology is the world leader in design and manufacture of friction feeders, labelers, systems, and accessories, using the latest design techniques with state-of-the-art components and materials to provide solutions for our customers. Due to robust company growth, we are looking for a talented Customer Support Technician to join our team.
Who are we?
Multifeeder is a privately held company that provides high performance friction feeding and labeling solutions throughout the world. With state-of-the-art control technology and robust mechanics, our products feed more quickly and accurately to provide customers with a greater value of return. All feeders, labelers and accessories can easily be integrated with other machines to provide a total system solution for any application.
Why do you want to work with us?
We not only offer competitive compensation and benefits, but we also have a positive and progressive culture, a fast-paced work environment, and we believe in challenging and growing our people. We know that it’s our people that take care of the customer and make our business successful.
Job Title: Senior Field Service & Training Technician
Department: Field Service
SUMMARY: This role of Senior Field Service & Training Technician consists of travel to customer sites for the installation & servicing of Multifeeder high technology products, Site Acceptance Tests, as well as planning and coordinating such service for self and others. This key position requires on-site effectiveness, superb customer facing communication skills, schedule flexibility, good ability to train others, high level electromechanical problem solving skills, and strong planning/coordinating skills.
- Respond to customer requests to schedule installation, field service, and customer training in a timely manner (including trips with short notice).
- Issue quotes to customers as requested.
- Coordinate timing of all travel activities with Project Manager to ensure production schedule is not jeopardized.
- Make all necessary travel arrangements for self and others
- Combine multiple Field Service calls into a single trip by planning ahead and contacting other customers in the area to see if they want service during your travel there.
- Track and report all service activities via scheduling software.
Installation, field service, and customer training
- Apply technical skills to install and run equipment on site.
- Overcome difficulties and solve problems on site
- Maintain a professional ‘can do’ demeanor in front of customer at all times
- Sales: Present field service product solutions and gain customer commitment during field trips and from main office.
- Maintain Customer Relationships
- Travel Domestic and international travel up to 50% overall
- Flexible schedule mentality to allow changes in trip duration -as needed- to complete installation, field service, and customer training.
Education And Experience
- Both functional and hands on knowledge of high performance automation equipment.
- Excellent electro-mechanical diagnostic and troubleshooting.
- Ability to properly utilize hand, electric, and pneumatic tooling in a safe and effective manner.
- 2 year Vo Tech or Trade School degree. 4 year degree a plus.
- Ability to fasten pneumatic and hydraulic lines, electrical fixtures, and attachments required to integrate accessories to larger system.
- 5 or more years of field service and training experience.
- 3 or more years of planning and documentation experience.
- 1 or more years of sales experience.
- Must also possess a valid Driver’s license and passport.
As an electronics technician your responsibilities will include: building and wiring control panels, wiring equipment and systems, testing and troubleshooting circuit boards and finished machines, installing and testing photoelectric sensors and bar code readers, and traveling to install equipment at customer sites. Additional tasks include providing telephone technical support to customers as required, prototyping and testing new machines, and specifying, testing, and documenting new components.
2-year Associates degree, technical certificate, or equivalent experience in Electronics Technology is required.
No experience required, but prior experience in an electronics or machinery manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Reading Schematics
- Wiring of industrial control panels
- Cable assembly and soldering.
- Board-level troubleshooting using multi-meters and oscilloscopes.
- Basic PLC programming & troubleshooting
Experience in the following is desired, but not required:
- Schematic entry
- Component-level troubleshooting of circuit boards
- Setup, troubleshooting, and operation of packaging and labeling equipment
- Machinery used in wash down, food, or pharmaceutical environments
- Writing assembly and test procedures
- Component selection & specification
- Developing test fixtures and automated test equipment
- Photoelectric and inductive sensors
- AC & Brushless motors
- Basic Pneumatics: valves, cylinders, regulators, & vacuum
- Serial communication
- Ability to work independently and take work direction from multiple sources
- Use good time management and multi-task between projects
- Demonstrate attention to detail and clearly communicate concerns with other departments, vendors, & customers
- Technical writing ability
- General math and algebra ability
- Proficiency in Office, Excel, Outlook, etc.
Multifeeder Technology is the #1 designer and manufacturer of high performance automation equipment for the packaging, printing, pharmaceutical, card, and food industries. If you consider your next career step an adventure, want to work in a high energy manufacturing environment, be on a team with incredibly creative people, like being recognized and rewarded for your technical contributions building industry dominating automation solutions for really cool customers – apply today.
What You Will Do: Perform visual and dimensional inspections as defined by our Standard Operating Procedures, Receiving Inspection Plans, and Engineering Drawings. You will be required to determine accept / reject disposition based on inspection results. You will be flexible to move between Receiving Inspection and Assembly areas to support both QC activities and Production of goods in a team environment to efficiently maintain quality standards and meet our customer demands for quality products.
These may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform statistical sampling, incoming, in-process, final and non-conforming product QC inspections in accordance with SOP and ISO determined criteria.
- Inspect materials and finished parts
- Document, compile and maintain appropriate QC documentation including records, databases, audits, and inspection logs.
- Communicate inspection results and status to manufacturing, engineering, and procurement as applicable.
- Read/interpret CAD drawings schematics, and technical documents including but not limited to tolerances, dimensions geometric dimension and component values.
- Recommend corrective procedures
- Fit and assemble mechanical and/or electrical components according to prints or sketches, and construct, rebuild and repair specialized machines and systems. Assembles, fasten, and connect parts and subassemblies including pneumatic and hydraulic lines, electrical fixtures, and attachments and able to examine connections for correct fit
- Test raw material stock and finished products, components, and assembles as guided
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Typically requires 3-5 years of QA & Assembly experience or Bachelor’s degree and the equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. ASQ Inspection certification preferred, but not required.
- Proficiency in drawing/specification interpretation
- Ability to read CAD drawings (ProE, Creo, SolidWorks)
- Ability to review and understand third party standards from ASME, ANSI, SAE, NAS, MIL, etc.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability
- Able to use wide variety of manual tools, pneumatic and electric power tools, accurately, efficiently and in a safe, effective manner
- Prior expert level high tech automation machinery assembly experience
- Expert use of calipers, micrometers, bore gauge, Rockwell hardness tester, and other testing equipment as well as proficient in the use of specialized hand tools and digital Multi-meters.
- LEAN manufacturing principles. 5S best practice knowledge and experience
- Working experience with Kanban process
- Best QA and quality documentation process such as ISO 9001
- Exceptional Reading, writing and verbal communication skills and computer expertise
- Exceptional computer literacy
- Ability to generate written reports
What You Will Learn: Multifeeder Technology attracts and hires the best automation talent on the planet! You will be working with a great team of dedicated experts in the Manufacturing Automation Industry service Food, Pharma, Printing, and Packaging industries. You will learn from our Engineers, R & D Department, and Manufacturing Managers about our state of the art products and how we are improving lives.
What You Will Become: A highly influential company quality ambassador who can greatly impact the way we support and deliver the goods to our incoming material handling, inventory management and production processes.